Thank you Marine Deleeuw for being a part of our Dazed Magazine takeover Questionnaire!
See more on http://bit.ly/1AVhGPI.
My last name means “The Lion” and my astrological sign is Leo. I’m from Valenciennes, France.
1. If you could have anyone in the world write the first chapter of your biography who would be and why? Also, what would the first chapter be about? I think I would write it myself, because no one knows me better than I do. The first chapter would be about how I grew up: not many people know of the troubles problems that made me the person that I am today.
2. What is your favorite song of all time?My favorite song is “Ready or Not” by The Fugees.
3. What was your first love? Like most people, I had my first love at school. He was a bad boy and didn’t like me at first!
4. What is your favorite language? French, haha! There are a lot of fun words to play with in the French language.
5. What is your favorite room? Even after staying at amazing hotels all over the world, my favorite room is still my bedroom at my mom’s place.
6. What is your favorite place to read a book? Close to a river or at a park; somewhere peaceful and close to nature.
7. What is your favorite place in NY? The Surf Bar in Williamsburg. There’s sand on the ground, and they serve really good caipirinha, so it reminds me of Brazil!
8-9. What is your favorite place in SF? What is your favorite place in LA? I’ve haven’t been to either!
10. What is your favorite place in Paris? The Jardin des Tuileries.
11. What is your favorite color? Navy blue - it’s called bleu marine in French, like my name!
12. What is your favorite painter/painting? My favorite painter is Monet.
13. What is your favorite thing to collect? T-shirts! At every city I’ve visited, I’ve bought a shirt with the classic “I <3” slogan on it for my mom. The first one I bought was I <3 NY.
14. What is your favorite memory? The first time my mom saw me walk a runway show (it was Chanel) is a great memory.
15. What is your favorite flower? I love poppies. They’re called coquelicot in French.
16. What is your favorite sea creature? The sea turtle.
17. What is your favorite smell? The smell of coffee in the morning. When I was young, my house always smelled like brewing coffee at 6:00am.
18. If I gave you a medal right now, what would it be for? I don’t think I’ve done anything special enough to deserve a medal! I haven’t cured cancer or AIDS or figured out a way to end homelessness, so I don’t think I merit it.
19. What is your favorite texture? My favorite texture is silk; I get full-body shivers whenever I wear it.
20. Favorite flavor? Apple
21. What’s the first thing you think of when I say “red”? Passion
22. Night or Day? Day - I feel like I waste time sleeping at night. We’ve only have one life!
23. Favorite villain? Captain Hook from Peter Pan. I love pirates!
24. Favorite myth? Life after death.
25. Favorite artist? Audrey Hepburn
26. Mechanical pencil or pencil? Just pencil for me!
27. High school or university? High school was where I found myself. Best years of my life!
28. Molly Ringwald or Ally Sheedy? Ally Sheedy; she’s an amazing actress and writer.
29. C.S. Lewis or Freud? Freud, of course; I feel like he did something concrete for people.
30. Tents or motels? Tents. I love nature, which is also why I took my time to decide to move to NYC. I feel like I found a good compromise in moving to Brooklyn.
31. Favorite heist? If you mean in a movie, I love The City of God.
32. Favorite musical instrument? The piano; I love everything about it. I’ve always wanted to learn how to play it, but never did because they’re expensive. I think I might give it a go when I get my own apartment; it’s never too late to make a dream like that come true!
33. Thunder or lightening? Thunder. I love when the power goes out at night and you have to stay at home with friends, family, or a special someone and you can hear thunder in the background; it’s amazing!
34. Tea or Coffee? Coffee; it’s so much better than tea or hot chocolate I used to drink when I was younger!
35. Coke or Pepsi? Coke. I drink it so often I should get a subscription or a discount!
36. American football or football? American football; I think it’s more interesting, although after this year’s FIFA World Cup, I discovered I love football too.
37. Dictionary or Thesaurus? Thesaurus
38. Elizabeth Taylor or Marilyn Monroe? Marilyn Monroe; I really admire her character and self-confidence in her body. I think that’s why so many people found her so beautiful.
39. Cary Grant or Jimmy Stewart? James Stewart; his rise to fame was brilliant. He should be an example to everybody.
40. Planes or Cars? Both! I love the fast cars in old movies. I think I’ve become a bit more patient because of my job, but I’m really impatient and like to get places fast. I love planes; it’s crazy that you can fly wherever you want!
41. Rain or Sun? Sun; it’s been proven that sunlight makes people happier!
42. Spiderman or Superman? Superman; I used to dream about finding my own Superman!
43. Dogs or Cats? Dogs! I really don’t understand cats; they do nothing all day. If I ever had one, it would be to keep pests away. I love dogs because they’re playful, loyal, and loving.
44. Favorite flavor of ice cream? Stracciatella, an Italian ice cream flavor. If you’ve never tried it, I recommend doing so at the beach, watching the sunset!
45. Beatles or Rolling Stones? Actually I’m more of a Hip Hop, R&B, and Rap person, but if I had to pick, I’d go with the Rolling Stones.
46. What is your favorite fun fair ride of all time? I’ve only ever been to an amusement park once; I went to Disneyland Paris when I was 13, but I can’t recall which ride was my favorite. Hopefully I can go back soon and pick one!
47. Who is your favorite side-kick? His name is Lyes, I met him in high school when I was 15. He kept calling me “la mannequin” (the model) because he didn’t know my name. He’s like my brother (and sometimes like my mom, even). He’s the most important person in my life!
48. What’s your favorite joke? I’m good at situational jokes, especially when I meet people for the first time.
49. What characteristics do you most envy in others? I’m envious of people with unique faces. It’s so easy to find a classic or average face; people with different features are so lucky.
50. If you could fly, where is the first place you would go? Brazil. I’ve met a lot of Brazilians in the last few months, and I feel so connected to them. I’m thinking of going there for New Years.
51. What is your favorite season? Early fall, when the weather is still nice, but the leaves are starting to turn orange and yellow. It’s beautiful.
52. What is your greatest love? I fell in love this past May. It’s like nothing I’ve ever felt before.
53. Favorite City? PARIS!
54. Favorite imaginary place? Pandora from the movie “Avatar.” It’s a planet covered in amazing jungles!
55. Favorite planet? My favorite planet is Mars. I don’t know if it’s the same elsewhere, but in France they say, “Men are from Mars, and women are from Venus.” I’m totally an extraterrestrial woman from Mars; sometimes I feel like I’m a guy in a girl’s body who really likes fashion. I also really love bright red color of Mars.
56. Favorite constellation? The lion; it’s my star sign, and that’s what my last name means. I really identify with lions!
57. Favorite children’s book? Harry Potter
58. Favorite name (and it cannot be your own)? I like short names like Rose, Zoe, or Ana.
59. Do you remember your first word? My first word was “maman”, which means “mom” in French. My mom is everything to me.